My name is Christine Choi and I am 4th year Asian American Studies major with minors in Educational Studies, Applied Psychology, and Poverty, Inequality & Social Justice from Northridge, California. I am a Korean-American, first generation college student and am beyond excited to continue working with the Department of Asian American Studies as the Lead Peer Adviser!
I'm heavily involved on-campus and am applying to graduate schools this fall to pursue a career in Student Affairs/Higher Education! Outside of being a Peer Adviser for the department, I am currently:
- President of the Gaucho Tour Association (GTA)
- Former Vice President of Recruitment & Training
- President of the National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
- Former Vice President of Community Service & Adminstration
- Research Assistant and Peer Mentor at the Koegel Autism Center
- Co-Leader for ED 20/ED 118
- Fellow for NASPA
- Visitor Center Intern for the UCSB Office of Admissions
- Notetaker for the Disabled Students Program
I was also a Resident Assistant (RA) for two years in Santa Cruz Hall as well as a part of the Residential Housing Association (RHA) and Health & Wellness!
I am extremely passionate about Ethnic Studies, Educational Equity, and all things Student Affairs. I also like dogs, coffee, polaroids, DIY/Crafts, organizing my calendar, bullet journaling, and discussing our political climate.
I would love to talk to you more about why I chose to pursue the Asian American Studies major and about our faculty, staff, classes, program, and more! Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to set up an appointment to chat!
My office hours are held in HSSB 5044 (our Main Office) and for the current quarter are:
Summer 2019 Session B:
- By appointment, please email me
- Tuesdays 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Wednesdays 3:30 PM - 5:30 PM